The Nigerian Army on Tuesday issued what it called its third and final warning to members of the Boko Haram sect to surrender or risk grave consequences.
This is in addition to the Army’s call on the international community to tell the insurgents to embrace peace and desist from terrorist acts.
The Army spoke through a statement signed by its spokesman, Colonel Sani Usman, titled: “Final warning to Boko Haram terrorists”.
The statement said troops operating under the Multinational Joint Task Force (MNJTF) have uncovered all the sect’s hideouts, adding that they must either surrender or face serious consequences.
It reads: “This is to finally warn all Boko Haram terrorists wherever they are, to desist from all acts of terrorism, surrender themselves and face the law now.
“We wish to inform them that we are aware of all their hideouts, camps and enclaves. They should follow their colleagues who have so far surrendered.
“Failure to surrender will result in serious consequences as our troops have closed up with them.
“We equally appeal to members of the international community and the world at large, to kindly persuade Boko Haram terrorists and their international collaborators to desist from acts of terrorism and renounce their membership of the terrorist organization forthwith.
“They should also immediately and unconditionally release all abducted persons in their custody including the Chibok schoolgirls”.
In a related development, the Chief of Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, yesterday said the air force has renewed its air operations and re-strategized to make the Service more effective in the conduct of its operations in the battlefield.
He made the remark when he received the Director General, National Emergency Management Agency (DG-NEMA), Sani Sidi, who paid him a courtesy call in his office.