Nomoreloss became famous following his remix of Orlando Owoh’s 80s hit, ‘Iyawo Olele’ which he titled ‘Iyawo Asiko’
Nigerian singer and songwriter Nomoreloss has passed on, but here are a few facts you probably didn’t know about him.
1. He was born Muyiwa Osinuga over 30 years ago.
2. He attended A.D.R.A.O. International School for his secondary and primary education in Victoria Island, which is a highbrow area in Lagos Nigeria.
3. Nomoreloss started out as a rapper before switching to stand-up comedy and then becoming a singer.
4. In 1999, Nomoreloss released the first single titled ‘Kilode’ from his first album.
5.He was one of popular producer, OJB Jezereel’s protégée.
6. In the year 2013, he was the campaign leader for the ‘Save OJB’ campaign, which sought for funds for the then ill producer who was battling with kidney disorder.
7. Nomoreloss became famous following his remix of Orlando Owoh’s 80s hit, ‘Iyawo Olele’ which he titled ‘Iyawo Asiko’
8. He trained under respected instrumentalist and saxophonist, Kunle Ajayi.
9. Nomoreloss was behind the funny voice mimicking an ‘aboki’ man in Ruggedman‘s infamous breakout single, ‘Ehen’.
10. Nomoreloss was married to popular Rhythm FM OAP Phoenix (Adeola Osinuga) in 2008 and welcomed their daughter in January 2011.
11. He served as a jugde on MTN-sponsored West African Project Fame for two seasons between 2010 and 2012.
12. A few weeks ago, he was diagnosed of Typhoid Fever and was hospitalized for a while but was soon discharged.
13. He died Yesterday, Monday, March 21, 2016 after he was reportedly rushed to a hospital following a relapse.