A prominent youth leader in Idoma land and the National coordinator Idoma Youth Emissaries for Mark (IYEMARK, 2015) Comrade Adanu Isaiah has predicted a land slide victory for the Senate President Distinguished Senator Mark in the forth coming PDP senatorial primaries and by extension the 2015 general election.
This write up is a swift reaction to the guardian News paper publication of Tuesday, September 9th, 2014. Were Chief Onoja Okibe Mike a senatorial hopeful under the PDP accused Senator Mark of poor performance describing Marks continuous stay at the National Assembly as an embarrassment to the people of Idoma land, we look at this as un-patrotic, un-democratic and an aberration to portray a seasoned legislator and epitome of national unity in that light.
Chief, Onoja in his interview reaffirmed that the forth coming general election will be accompanied with issue based campaign boasting that he has what it takes the capacity to fight Mark and compete with him in the race.
I wish to state categorically that if Mark will heed the clarion calls of the critical stakeholders like the youths, Idoma Leagues of professors, Students, Farmers and the physically challenged in Idoma land to re-contest the seat of the Zone C senate he will win convincingly even against a boastful and energy sapped contestant like Chief Onoja who may likely use the red chamber as his resting/sleeping place a development reminiscent with some delegates to the just concluded National Conference in Abuja who finds solace in sleeping while serious debate and decision are been taking on the floor.
I believe that Idoma are more enlighten and wise to trade their pride, honor, integrity, happiness and joy on the alter of sentiment and campaign of calumny championed by Onoja and currently on going on the political turf ahead of the 2015 election and as such we will not be hood wink into believing what Chief Onoja is saying on the pages of news paper.
Among Mark’s numerous projects in Idoma land include:
* Provision of Employment: A handful of youth especially Nurses, Cleaners and Clerk will be employed in Otukpo in view of the relocation and citing of a major faculty of the Federal University of Agriculture Makurdi known as school of science which include faculty of Law, Teaching hospital etc.
* Provision of Portable Water: The ongoing Otobi Dam Water works contrary to the mendacious claims of Chief Onoja about water scarcity in Idoma land, this has the capacity to produce enough millions of little of water for the good people of Idoma and the generality of benue people.
* Education: Mark has changed the fortunes of education in Idoma land especially his donation of office building worth 70 million naira to the National Open University Study centre Otukpo, N20,000.00 naira scholarship to over 4,000 Students beneficiaries across the six geo political zone of Nigeria including Idoma students in tertiary institutions both at home and in diaspora.
* Road Construction: Mark has done enough in the area road construction for been instrumental to the ongoing road Otukpo-Apa-Agatu road linking Idoma to Abuja at short interval in terms of the miles and kilometers.
* Bridge Construction: Mark it was who facilitated the multi-billion naira Oweto bridge currently under construction which has since near completion (80%).
With all these laudable feat and land mark achievements every right thinking Idoma person should endeavor to pray and support Mark to continue his good work/job for representing us well so that the hope of a better Idoma could be realized at the long run.